Student Loan Company
Fill out the form below for your question on student loan and you will be contacted shortly by one of our qualified financial advisors.
What Should You Keep in Mind When Looking For a Student Loan Company?
Education is expensive, but worthwhile. You are providing your son or daughter with access to a better life with far more superior career prospects. You may find that the financial aid your child has been awarded just does not cover the costs and that you need to turn to a private student loan for help. With any loan, you should always proceed with caution and make sure that the student loan company you choose are right for your needs.
Here are the top ten tips to help you choose the best student loan and company for your requirements.
- Approach financial institutions that you know or are recommended to you for student loans first. They will be the most reliable and trustworthy sources of student loans available.
- Ask the government or college to provide you with recommendations of student loan companies. They can normally provide you with a list of trusted sources for a college loan.
- Do your research! Don't just plump for one product from a student loan company without finding out what else is available. You may be able to find a better private loan with lower interest fees and costs elsewhere. Look in magazines and online for leads and follow them up!
- Check the credentials and make sure they are a reputable student loan company. The last thing you want is to take out a student loan to finance your child's education then find yourself with a loan that you cannot possibly repay.
- Work out your finances. Before you start applying for a college loan work out just how much you can afford and stick to it. Any student loan company that tries to make you take out more than you know you can afford shouldn't be trusted.
- Make sure you understand the exact financial commitment you are making with the student loan company. Check you know exactly what the monthly repayments are for the private loan and how long it will take you to repay.
- Don't be hassled into signing up for a student loan. Take your time, do your research and find the best student loan company for your needs. Don't let them make you think they have the ideal product for you; you need to determine this for yourself.
- Make sure you ask the student loan company their fees for application processing and any other fees or costs that may be associated with the loan. Ask them to provide you with a good faith estimate of the interest rate, monthly repayments and fees. Use this to conduct comparisons.
- If the offer from the student loan company sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Don't apply for several college loans with several different student loan companies to see what results you may get. This could affect your credit score if you are seen to be applying for lots of loans all at once!