Federal Student Aid

Fill out the form below for your question on student loan and you will be contacted shortly by one of our qualified financial advisors.

An Insight on Federal Student Aid

Federal student aid can make schooling affordable and you might qualify for more than you think. What's the best part of all? The application is free, so even if you don't qualify you haven't lost anything. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/index.htm and applications are accepted beginning in January every year. Even if you don't qualify for grant money, many schools require that you fill out the application for federal student aid in order to help determine your eligibility for other school sponsored aid or scholarship programs.

What types of financial aid are offered?

There are many types of federal student aid offered including grant, subsidized loans or a federal work study program. Grants are the most generous type of award you can receive; they don't have to be repaid! There are a few federal loan programs available, depending on your needs, they range from subsidized loans to loans your parents can take out in order to pay for your schooling. The federal work study program is unique in that it subsidizes an on campus job, making you more marketable for your employer. A full list and explanation of available programs can be found at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/what010.htm .

How do I qualify for financial assistance?

You qualify based on a wide array of factors including: income, school and cost of attendance. You might “need” more money than you think, so it never hurts to apply! Full eligibility requirements can be reviewed at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/before002.htm .

How do I get my student aid money?

All financial aid is paid through your school, so your financial aid counselor can be a valuable resource if you need help filling out your FAFSA or have any other general financial aid questions. Be aware that not all schools participate in the federal financial aid program, so ask your school counselor for more information.